Articles being donated should be left on the loading dock of the main library, accessible from its parking lot, not the Whitney Book Corner itself. If you would like a receipt for your donation stop at the front desk of the library and the staff will provide one.
We accept the following:
- hard cover and paperback books
- vinyl records (both 45″ and 33 1/3″),
- CDs, DVDs, audio books
Due to limits in storage, disposal space, and potential for damage to the library’s collection, the library cannot accept materials listed below:
- Books with torn or yellowed pages or water damaged
- Books that are dirty or have an accumulation of dust or cobwebs
- Musty material smelling of mildew – try the sniff test!
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Textbooks older than five years
- Encyclopedias older than ten years
- Computer books older than three years